Has your life been affected by another person’s drinking? Al-Anon is a mutual support group to recover from the effects of the disease of alcoholism. You will find love, understanding, and hope from the Al-Anon family group. Welcome Newcomer!
How do I know if I belong in Al-Anon?
- Al-Anon exists to help families and friends of alcoholics. If you come to meetings and find relief, you belong.
Is this a religious program?
- Al-Anon Family Groups is a spiritual fellowship, not a religious one. We avoid discussion of specific religious doctrine, and members of all faiths (or of none) are welcome.
Do I need to qualify to attend meetings?
- The only requirement for you to attend meetings is that there be a problem of alcohol in a relative or friend.
Are there fees?
- There are no fees for membership. Al-Anon is supported through voluntary donations.
Where can I find In-Person Meetings?
- Use this link for a list of In-person and electronic meetings in Massachusetts.
Where can I find Electronic Meetings?
- Use this link for a list of online and in-person meetings in Massachusetts.
- Use this link for a list of electronic meetings in the U.S. and internationally (opens a window in a different site).
Do I need to say anything when I go to a meeting?
- When you attend an in-person or electronic meeting you will be asked to identify yourself by giving your first name, then you can just listen. There’s no need for you to say anything else unless you want to. There are no musts in Al-Anon.
I don’t think I’m ready for a meeting, is there another online option?
- Connect with others and find meetings with the Al-Anon Family Groups app. Download to your mobile device for free:
I’m a teenager, is Al-Anon for me?
- Alateen is designed for people aged 13 to 18. Answer these 20 questions to see if Alateen is for you
- Find online resources (opens a window at a different site)
- Download the Al-Anon Family Groups app to find Alateen meetings
Where can I find Literature?
- For a free Newcomer’s packet contact the Massachusetts Al-Anon office. Call 508-366-0556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit our literature store in Westborough, Monday-Friday.
- Order Online (link to all literature)
- Are you troubled by someone else’s drinking? Answer these 20 questions to see if Al-Anon can help you.
- Did you grow up with a problem drinker? Answer these 20 questions to see if Al-Anon can help you.
I have other questions
- Speak with our helpful office staff, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM–4:00 PM. Call 508-366-0556. Or email email@example.com.