Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters publishes books, pamphlets, service materials, and magazines. In Massachusetts we have a local literature distribution center offering a full range of literature for sale. When you purchase from the physical office in Westborough or at the alanonma.org/store you are supporting Massachusetts Al-Anon & Alateen.
While most books and pamphlets are available for purchase at an in-person meeting or online, some very helpful pamphlets and the “Al-Anon Faces Alcoholism” magazine are downloadable at no charge.
- Free Downloadable items (opens a window at another site)
Listen to podcasts created for newcomers. (opens a window at another site)
A Newcomer Packet is a basic introductory to Al-Anon with pamphlets assembled into a booklet. Purchase online or call the office and request to have information mailed to you at no charge. Office hours: Monday–Friday 9:00 AM–4:00 PM, (508) 366-0556. Or email email@example.com.
The first pieces of literature many people who are new to Al-Anon prefer are daily readers.The three popular Al-Anon daily readers are listed here.
- One Day at a Time in Al-Anon. This is a classic.
- The Courage to Change. This book is a favorite of many members and often the first book people new to Al-Anon purchase.
- Hope for today is a book with daily sharings from Al-Anon members who grew up with a problem drinker.
- A Little Time for Myself is the newest daily reader, published in 2023.
How Al-Anon Works
How Al-Anon Works covers all the basics in our program. Here you will find out how Al-Anon has helped thousands of people by using the Steps, Traditions, and Concepts of Service. We use these, as well as the slogans and help from other Al-Anon members, to change our attitudes, detach, and take care of ourselves to live more enjoyable and productive lives. A history of Al-Anon and writings from Al-Anon members is also in this book.