Happy New Year and may it be one filled with recovery and serenity! As always, please do not ever hesitate to get in touch with me at Delegate@alanonma.org. I love hearing from you and am sending you all love and serenity. Love in Service, Jane P.
- At the World Service Conference (WSC) there are agenda items discussed. These are called CAI’s (we love our abbreviations): Conference Approved Items and I am asking you all to let me know if you have an issue you would like for me to submit for consideration. Examples: Alateen and how to re-vitalize, or how do we increase financial contributions, living in Tradition 7, for our electronic meetings?
- LOVE GIFTS: When I am in Virginia Beach in April, you can send me letters or cards of encouragement, which I know would be deeply appreciated. I have received our tentative schedule: Al-Anon meeting at 6:00 a.m. (and believe me I will need it!), first meeting at 8:00 a.m., day closing at 9:00 p.m. and then more to do in my room before bed. It will be intense, exhilarating and absolutely wonderful but support will be needed. Often groups send around a card, and someone sends it, or you can personally send one. I have done both and it was uplifting. Here’s the address:
Jane Plummer (hold for WSC 4/20-4/23, 2023)
The Founders Inn and Spa
5641 Indian River Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
- Registration for the 2023 International Convention is open, Read more details at https://al-anon.org/wso-events/2023-al-anon-international-convention/ This will be a very wonderful event and if you can do it, I hope you do!!! Dates are June 29-July 2, 2023 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- The title for the 2023 World Service Conference (WSC) is: Love, Laugh, and Grow Together. I assure you I will do all three when I attend in mid April in Virginia Beach, VA.
- WSO financials: Under budget for expenses, at about even for income. They are showing a YTD (year to date) shortfall of $147,998.00. Please remember the Quarterly Appeal and if you can, a gratitude gift, which can be donated via the WSO website. (https://al-anon.org/contributions/)
- Have you ever considered becoming a Trustee? If you are someone who has made service a part of your recovery beyond the group level, please consider applying. You can look on the WSO website for information and I am available, always, to contact via email (Delegate@alanonma.org).